Get ready to deploy Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 with the final release of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010
As you prepare to deploy Windows® 7 and Windows Server® 2008 R2, get a jump start with Microsoft® Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010. Leverage this Solution Accelerator to achieve efficient, cost-effective deployment of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
MDT is the recommended process and toolset to automate desktop and server deployment. MDT provides you with the following benefits:
- Unified tools and processes required for desktop and server deployment in a common deployment console and collection of guidance.
- Reduced deployment time and standardized desktop and server images, along with improved security and ongoing configuration management.
- Fully automated Zero Touch Installation deployments by leveraging System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 Release Candidate and Windows deployment tools. For those without a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 infrastructure, MDT leverages Windows deployment tools for Lite Touch Installation deployments.
MDT 2010 includes new features such as flexible driver management, optimized user interface workflow, and Windows PowerShellTM command line interface to help simplify deployment and make your job easier. Deploy faster and more easily with MDT 2010.
New in MDT 2010
Improvements in MDT 2010 allow you to:
- Access deployment shares from anywhere on the network and replicate files and settings across organizational boundaries or sites.
- Organize and manage drivers, operating systems, applications, packages, and task sequences with an improved UI.
- Automate UI functionality using the new Windows PowerShell command line interface.
- Download Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010. (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=159061)
- Learn more about MDT by visiting the MDT site on TechNet. (www.microsoft.com/mdt)
- Get the latest news by visiting Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Team blog. (http://blogs.technet.com/msdeployment/default.aspx )
- Provide us with feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.